Friday, February 27, 2009

Title Block Photograph

I took the photograph at the top of the page coming back from a Christmas party that was held at a friends place in Grand Valley. I went to school with Angus in grade one at the two room stone school house in Huntsville.It does not seem that long ago.

The image is like my photography based on lots of experience and old technology but moving forward into the future. I now use digital cameras instead of film and might be seen as a bit of a geek for my computer skills and buying habits on new camera and computer equipment

My style of photography has also changed over the years and I shoot a more candid journalistic style of portraiture but still call back on my training for a more formal portrait when needed.

I was not expecting these wind turbans as I drove to Grand Valley. Its like driving onto a movie set for a sci-fi film as suddenly you are surrounded by these turbans , about 85 of them , all slowly rotating. I found it rather mesmerizing.
You don't see the old windmill till you turn off the highway to enter Grand Valley

No comments: